Covid-19 Vaccine Patient Information:
COVID-19 VACCINATION NOW AVAILABLE FOR PATIENTS 5 YEARS AND OLDER
To book an appointment with Hamilton Public Health, use the online booking tool
https://www.hamilton.ca/VaccineBooking or call the COVID-19 Hotline at 905-974-9848, option 7.
To book an appointment with Southwest Family Health Centre, please call our main line at 905-526-1606 outside of high-volume phone times of 9 am to 10 am and 1:15 pm to 2 pm.
Covid-19 Patient Information:
- Our office is open. We are offering several options to meet your needs and keep you safe during this time (see options below). The office is still open and will support your needs through advice, medicine refills, and appointments.
- Injections will be available by appointment.
- Your doctors are trying to prevent the spread of this virus - particularly to vulnerable and high-risk patients. We thank you for your co-operation in helping to keep everyone safe.
- If you are booked to see your doctor and plan on bringing someone to accompany you to the visit, please limit this to 1 person only.
- Face masks are mandatory within all clinic spaces.
Alternatives to Office Visits:
- Due to reduced face-to-face in-office visits, we are offering phone visits and video visits.
Prescription Renewal Requests:
- During these exceptional circumstances with COVID-19, we ask that if you need a prescription renewal that you contact your pharmacy and have them fax our office. You do not need to call our office to ask for one.
Return to School During COVID-19:
- The Ontario government has recommendations in place for children who have developed symptoms to return to school. Ontario government guidelines can be found
Face Mask Exemptions:
- Children under the age of 2
- Anyone who has trouble breathing
- Anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance
More information about face mask exemptions can be found here.